Song Of The However Long I Feel Like..

Monday, February 21, 2011

The Invisible Troll.

I just spent an hour online looking for the dream I swear I posted somewhere on some site and finally realized that an hour searching is a lot longer than ten minutes writing the damn thing all over again, so I'll just do that.


I dreamt I was at my aunt's house and Tegan and Sara were having a concert outside. My boyfriend's birthday was that day apparently, so they called him up and invited his family and they were about to invite me up but I noticed my mom wasn't with me and the rest of my family, so I wandered off to look for her. I walked to where I grew up and went to the chicken coop on my parent's property and searched for her in there. There were two people in there, so I asked them if they saw her and they told me that she and two others were kidnapped. They just disappeared, all on separate occasions. I rounded up my sister and some other girl and we all held hands and were about to head back to my aunt's house in the dark, but I saw movement in the woods. I pointed and told them that I knew that whatever was moving in the woods is what kidnapped mom. Suddenly I also knew that whatever kidnapped her was this invisible creature.. Like a troll-type of creature. We keep walking through the woods, still holding hands, until we get towards the swampier areas of the woods on my parent's property. Somehow we gain weapons.. Pickaxes and things like that. And then I'm being dragged by something I cannot see. I want my sister and this other woman to just kill this beast now, but I know that if they do, we will never see Mom again. Eventually he lets go of me and we immediately kill him. Then we notice what looks like a fresh and unpacked dirt-mound. I begin digging with my hands, hoping that this is the beast's lair and that Mom was somewhere nearby. I make a good-sized hole in the ground and I yell really loud for Mom. I can't tell if I am hearing her or my echo, but something inside me tells me that I know that if I dig further down, I'll find a tunnel and that this is why my voice could be echoing or why hers could be so quiet and that maybe it's her echo I'm hearing. I wake up before I have a chance to dig any further down.

No comments:

Post a Comment