Song Of The However Long I Feel Like..

Monday, February 21, 2011

End Of The World

I'm at my parents' old house and I have my dog in my arms. I hear people singing in the trees outside. I'm not sure what song, it could have been three (very different) songs..: Don't Fear The Reaper, Thank God I'm A Country Boy, or America The Beautiful. I know, how can I possibly not tell these songs apart? I don't know. Anyways, I walk outside to see who is singing in the trees, but instead I look over in the direction the sun is setting, near the cranberry marsh. I watch as fireworks go off. Then suddenly the sky gets dark and there are lights lighting up in odd places in the sky. I think that it's the end of the world and I cling to my dog as tightly as possible. I turn around, not wanting to see what will happen, but when I turn, I am back in the position I was in, facing the cranberry marsh. I turn around again and still I am facing the cranberry marsh. I do this a few times, utterly confused as to why I couldn't turn around. At some point when I turn around I notice a white shadow of a person in the reflection of the window in the door. I freak out and close my eyes and cradle my dog in my arms, trying to wake myself up. I wake up in bed and hear Devin watching TV (the video looks like old-school Little Rascals and the audio is super loud and it sounds like newer Rob Zombie music). I think to myself that this must have been why I was having a nightmare. I grab my journal to write down my dream but the journal breaks apart and pages fall out. I still continue to write instead of grabbing pages and worrying about my journal and that's when I notice that this isn't right, so I must be dreaming. Then I really wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment