Song Of The However Long I Feel Like..

Saturday, October 17, 2015

The Axman

Dreamt this morning that I was in a house that was apparently mine (but not in real life). It badly needed cleaning. I was sitting at a table in the kitchen and there was an empty container of ice cream sitting out. Suddenly it started jolting around like a mouse was in it or something. I peered in but didn't see anything and my first thought was maybe it was a ghost or something, but then my brain told me there are no such thing as ghosts, so it couldn't possibly be that. Then the container flew up into the air a short distance and I saw that a fly was carrying it. He must not have been strong enough, because it fell after a few feet. I left the kitchen and walked into this hallway that felt like my aunt's old house. I walked out into their living room (but remember: in the dream, this is my house). Devin and his dad were working on stuff like the floors or something. Some kind of construction work. This part is fuzzy, but it seems like I was in a bedroom at one point and had to leave the house and tried to avoid his dad for some reason.

Before all of this, I dreamt that I was in this really narrow concrete tunnel (at times it was just wire like a cage) and we were being chased by this man with a chainsaw or ax or something. He was outside of the tunnel waiting for us on either side to get out, sometimes reaching out at us when we got to the wired parts of the tunnel. At some point we stupidly (or maybe not -- spoiler alert) separated and I was by myself. I remember finding a small door like for a rabbit or bird cage and pushed it open and started running for dear life.... ....towards the killer. I don't know why. I thought maybe I could knock him out, I guess. Once he got a couple feet away from me I got this, "Oh, shiiit." feeling and realized this man was a lot bigger than I thought. Think 'The Rock' or Vin Diesel or something. Humongous. I went for it anyways and tried to push him over but he knocked me down instead. We were outside in a wooded area, autumn season, dead leaves, etc. When he pushed me down I had this vision of the group I was with in the tunnels with their heads cut off... and for some reason their insides looked robotic.

* The dude that had the chainsaw or ax looked just like the axman from "American Horror Story: Coven". I am pretty sure I dreamt of him because I am currently reading a book about unsolved murders and the first story is about the real man that axed a bunch of people in New Orleans back in the day.


(I miss writing down the supposed interpretations.. I've been stealing the boyfriend's laptop lately, so I may as well do this again):


Ice Cream

  • To see or eat ice cream in your dream denotes good luck, pleasure, success in love and satisfaction with your life. You need to savor the moment and enjoy it.  Alternatively, the dream may suggest that you need to cool off and not let your temper get out of hand. On the other hand, the ice cream may be a pun on "I scream". Perhaps there is something that you need to let out.

Fly
  • To see flies in your dream symbolize filth and dirtiness, either physical or emotional. It indicatesfeelings of guilt or a breakdown of a plan. Flies may also forewarn of a contagious sickness.Alternatively, the fly could represent an irritating and annoying person in your life. Perhaps someone does not know how to mind their business.
Ax
  • To see an ax in your dream indicates that you are overly controlling. It is symbolic of destruction, hostility, and the frustrations that you are experiencing. Perhaps you "have an ax to grind" with someone. Or the dream can be a metaphor that you are ready to "bury the ax" and make amends.
Tunnel
  • To see a tunnel in your dream represents the vagina, womb, and birth. Thus it may refer to a need for security and nurturance. 
    To dream that you are going through a tunnel suggests that you are exploring aspects of your subconscious. You are opening yourself to a brand new awareness. Alternatively, it indicates your limited perspective as in the phrase "tunnel vision". Are you being close minded or narrow minded in some issue?
Behead
  • To dream that you or someone else is being beheaded signifies poor judgment or a bad decision that you have made and regretted. You are not thinking clearly and are refusing to see the truth. You need to confront the situation or the person despite the pain and discomfort you might feel in doing so.  The dream also suggests that you have the tendency to act before you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment