Song Of The However Long I Feel Like..

Monday, November 9, 2015

End-Of-The-World Windy

My sister and I are at my dad's house. We are either outside or looking out, and it is incredibly windy. We're talking end-of-the-world windy. I somehow manage to get myself in and shut the door. My sister is inside. It's dark in the house and we are using flashlights. We look around everywhere (my dad's house is apparently humongous, because we are searching many, many non-existent rooms) for our families. I find my daughter's backpack and pack some essential items. I also find one of our cats and I hold onto him while we keep looking around for anyone. We get to what looks like an unfinished basement. The ground is still dirt, the walls concrete/brick. We find a family sleeping on different beds spread about the room. We wake them up and tell them what is going on. They start gathering things. We look outside of this door that walks up from the basement - it's very dark outside (it was dark in the beginning), and at first it looks calm again, but when I start to head up the stairs, I can feel the wind is still too strong to survive walking around out there. We wait it out a bit. I looked around the basement some more and find this door that opens out to this hill with a short (3 ft?) wall next to it. I start noticing water creeping over to us from over the wall/down the hill to us. (This is a really small hill -- the wall is maybe ten feet away from the door. I notice the wind has stopped, and I yell to everyone that water is coming. In my head I know that this is probably a tidal wave of some sort that is headed towards us. I run out and my sister follows. Water is starting to come into the house and is very tall. The parents of the family come out next and RIGHT before I wake up, I wonder why the hell the parents didn't have their children go first or with them. I didn't see the kids come out.


*Maybe this dream is a piece of my previous dream about the moon falling to Earth? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment