Song Of The However Long I Feel Like..

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Blood Clot

Dreamt there was a pain in my left side, under my rib cage. The pain kept moving higher and higher. I was still living with my parents and was in the kitchen when I yelled for them to take me to the hospital. They slowly carried me to the hospital (in reality this hospital is a half hour drive away because my childhood home was metaphorically in Timbuktu, but they were carrying me the whole way on foot). At some point Devin takes place of them, and just like in my waking life, he stops and chats with people during important times. In this case, while I'm dying. Anyways, finally we get to my doctor and she ends up being the midwife that helped me deliver my daughter. While telling her what's wrong with me and begging her to get this clot out, she tells me that just getting it out won't work. She tells me she would have to put something in me (she calls it a 'lean-to' but I assume she's talking about a 'stent' or something.) I throw all of these kids' toys off of a table (similar toys of my daughter's, similar table I own), and lay onto it, begging her to hurry, because I am afraid I'm going to die any minute. Suddenly the left side of my face goes numb. I try to smile but can't on that side. Right before she puts me under, I ask her to give me a toy of my daughter's that was on the floor for good luck. I start to become half-asleep and think to myself that if I turn onto my back (or on my right side, I don't remember), then my arm and face, etc, will stop feeling so numb. Also while being worked on, my 'dream-within-a-dream' was of Stevie Nicks playing piano in a room that had a very '70s-'80s trailer vibe.

No comments:

Post a Comment