Song Of The However Long I Feel Like..

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

7/7/10 - I Blame Anna For The Green Day Appearance.

In my dream last night, I dreamt that I woke up and had to grab all my belongings that I had on me at the time. It wasn't much, I must have been staying over at someone else's house. I had my purse, my blanket, my cd player, my books, cds and movies. Devin and his sister Cherish were there, and we all had to pack our things into her car and drive off somewhere. When we got out onto the road, I noticed we were driving from the town I grew up in, Warrens, and was headed down towards where my old house is. We passed houses and pretty soon the houses started to look like they were falling apart. Some houses looked like a dinosaur had eaten the second story right off. Some looked like they had burned up and were scorched. I asked the two why the houses looked the way they did and one of them said, "Didn't you hear? A tornado came through and destroyed everything!" I started bawling and at the time in my dream I must have thought that my parents and my sister were living in the old house, because I was worried something happened to them. I asked if we could check on the house and they said it was fine, so we kept driving down the road. At about half a mile away, the road started to get flooded out, so I jumped out of the car and ran for the house, but with all the houses being unrecognizable, I couldn't tell where I was. I got to this farm house and was confused, and thought that that was the house I had lived in.. We climbed into the muddy house and it turned into this big, dirty, run-down building. Cherish disappeared, and my sister took her place in the dream, and then the band Green Day showed up and they were all helping me find my old house, too. At one point, we were in this tunnel and found this manhole on the ground and we were thinking about going down the steps and trying to find the house down there, but one of the guys from Green Day decided to turn a valve on the wall, and water started issuing forth and down below into the manhole. I cried, thinking my parents were down there and getting drowned. Someone yelled that the building was going to blow up, so I went back to the lobby of the building and all my belongings that I had grabbed in the beginning were sitting on this table, so I picked up as much as I could and carried it out the building. I went back in and Sarah was there trying to grab her own things, and handed me this red bra that was wrapped up in a headphone cord. She told me she wanted to keep them, but couldn't carry that and everything else she was trying to hold on to. So I grabbed them, threw them in my purse, and all these things that reminded me of mom and dad fell out. (For mom, they were movies (one being Zodiac that I know she likes so much; and for dad I had crossword puzzles that he (in real life) tears out of the newspapers he buys so that I have something to do at home) I knew I had to keep those things, so I took forever trying to fit everything back into my purse. Finally, after getting everything right as fast as I possibly could, Sarah and I booked it out the building, but before I even got to the doors, I woke up.



For anyone who might be wondering why Green Day made an appearance in my dream, I blame Anna. She was talking about them (very briefly) at one point the night before.




Flood
  • To dream that you are in a flood, represents your need to release some sexual desires. If the flood is raging, then it represents emotional issues and tensions. Your repressed emotions are overwhelming you. Consider where the flood is for clues as to where in your waking life is causing you stress and tension. Alternatively, the dream indicates that you are overwhelming others with your demands and strong opinion. Still another interpretation could be your desire to wipe everything clean and make a fresh new start.


House
  • To see an old, run-down house in your dream, represents your old beliefs, attitudes and how you used to think or feel. A situation in your current life may be bringing about those same old attitudes and feelings. Alternatively, the old house may symbolize your need to update you mode of thinking. To dream that your house is damaged, indicates your waking concerns about the condition of your house.


Possessions
  • To see your possessions in your dream, symbolize your identity or self-worth. Consider the significance of each item for additional clues to the meaning of your dream. Metaphorically, the dream may mean that you are being "possessive". You need to learn to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment