Song Of The However Long I Feel Like..

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

7/28/10 - Tornado!

I'm on my childhood property, at the pond. ((This is weird, because today I went down to the pond to drive my dad there so he could mow it and see it again)). In the dream, I'm with a bunch of people. A lot of my dad's family is there, and other people, some I don't know.. I'm fighting with most of them, not getting along.. Well, they're fighting with me, they don't approve of me or something. For some reason there is a TV attached to a tree and we look at it and see that a big storm is coming our way. What's interesting is that I remember the storm was coming to at a southeasterly angle, and usually they go northeast. Right over our area was a bright red cloud on the TV, so we all started running for the house. I was also looking at a map of the area with my sister, and in real life I actually was looking at a map of Wisconsin the night before, so I must have dreamt that part because of her. There were probably fifty people at the pond, so we were all trying to run through the woods to get to shelter. We knew a tornado was coming. When we get to the porch, there is a table with food and I don't know why, but I remember making a plate for my dad so that he'd have something to eat while waiting in the basement. Dad and some woman (that looked like Amy Sedaris when she played in Strangers With Candy) were the only ones there, and this Amy look-a-like was sitting on a bench eating as well.. I sit next to "Amy" and tell her she can come down to my basement. I also tell Dad that he, Mom, Sarah, Joran and his family can all go down to the basement as well. I meant at my house, which is a half-hour away from where we were, but at the time I didn't seem to realize the distance it would take to get there. Dad tells me he doesn't want to run anymore, that the tornado will be here soon. I tell him we don't have to run, and I walk to this door that is against one of the porch walls and I open the door. I show him that it is a secret passageway to my basement. (It seems like a transporting system, because it opens up right at the bottom of the stairs, right where you'd step to get to the floor from the stairs). He heads down and I wait for the rest of my family to show up so that I can tell them where the shelter is.



xx I woke up, wrote that, then fell back asleep... xx


I dreamt that the radio was on beside my bed (it really was, outside of my dream..) The song Don't Let Me Go by The Fray was on the radio, and in my dream I abhorred the song, so I tried to change the station, but it was on every station.


xx I woke up again, and tried to fall asleep, but as I was doing so, I was still quite awake but in a state of dreaming. I pictured very clearly myself sitting down against a white wall and yelling that everything was way too real, that I wasn't dreaming. That completely woke me up, so I wrote that down. Finally I fell asleep. xx


I dreamt again about the tornado coming. I was at my Aunt's, and we were getting a car my mom used to drive and we drove it to where I used to live growing up. (My aunt and parents lived next door to each other). People got into the car (Mom, Dad and maybe Sarah and Joran), and I saw about fifteen kittens crawling around by my feet and I could NOT leave them for the tornado to kill, so I tried to collect them and get them in the car. There were also three adult cats and one dog I had to save, but all the animals kept piling out every time I would put one in. All the while, my family waited surprisingly patient in the car for me to get them all in. I ended up waking up before I got them all in.





Fighting
  • To dream that you are in a fight, indicates inner turmoil. Some aspect of yourself is in conflict with another aspect of yourself. Perhaps an unresolved or unacknowledged part is fighting for its right to be heard. It may also parallel a fight or struggle that you are going through in your waking life.


Storm
  • To dream that you take cover in a storm, foretells that whatever disturbance or problems is occurring in your life will quickly blow over. Consider also the phrase "weather the storm", which refers to your ability and strength to withstand whatever comes.


Potato Chips
  • To see or eat potato chips in your dream, symbolizes your overindulgent behavior. Perhaps you need to exercise more self control.


Basement
  • The appearance of the basement is an indication of your unconscious state of mind and level of satisfaction. It represents primal urges, animalistic desires and basic needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment