Song Of The However Long I Feel Like..

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sweet Little Kitten.

I don't remember the first part of this dream, really. I think maybe I was at a campsite or something. All I remember is two girls in their teens, one pretty auburn-haired girl and the other a pretty raven-haired girl were there. They noticed a theater with a marquee reading that The Eagles were supposed to play there, so their curiosity got the best of them and they crossed the busy street to scope it out. When they walked in it wasn't a theater at all but a club instead. The color scheme looked very 70s, kind of like this. There was an orange jukebox and (a young) Paul McCartney was poking his head from behind it. The girls kept walking until they got to the back of the club. Instead of it being The Eagles, The Monkees were there. Davy Jones walked up to them and asked them if either one would be his date for the evening. Somehow the setting changed to outside a house at night. The auburn-haired girl looked at the darker-haired one and said she wouldn't mind letting her friend go with him. I felt bad for the redhead, she was just as pretty as the other girl. Anyways, the brunette smiled shyly and the redhead walked off. Soon enough I either became the redhead, or my dream switched from third person-view to one and I became myself. I walked to the house next door and it was my old childhood home. It was dark out, though I had a flashlight and my sister's dog with me. The lights in the house were dim and I looked to where my aunt and uncle lived and wondered if the lights would be brighter over there. I hated the dark, it was scary. I walked over and the sun seemed to rise really fast. Walking over there it was already a bit brighter out, like really early morning. Walking over there I saw my old cat Bonkers, so I moved my flashlight in his direction and he went crazy. He was starving. He rushed over and as I bent down to pet him, he bit me on my hand. (I had a dream recently that a salamander bit and latched onto my hand, in this exact same spot (near that little bit of webbing between the thumb and index finger)). In my dream, I thought, "Oh my god, oh my god. I just had a dream about this and now it's coming true!" I eventually got him off of me and I noticed my hand was mangled. It was bleeding, so I squeezed my hand with the other to keep it from bleeding any more. I keep walking to my aunt's house, hoping I can find food for this cat. By the time we get there, the cat has transformed into a kitten. I notice three packages of sausage (with one clawed open by cats but uneaten), so I tear it further and find a knife on the ground. I put the sausage on my aunt's deck and start slicing the sausage up for the kitten. On the third slice, the kitten moves closer (he's too impatient) and I accidentally cut his paw off. I freak out. I notice the cat doesn't bleed and figure it was because he was starving to death. The kitten starts to slouch further and further, as if he is dying.. I woke up feeling horrible for the kitten.




On a sidenote, hot damn. The song Sweet Little Kitten by Husky Rescue reminds me of this dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment