Song Of The However Long I Feel Like..

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Screams In Dreams.

Dreamt I was buying a Halloween costume at Goodwill. I found this white poufy dress that looked like what Buffy wore in the movie Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

I'm at this school and in a room there is a trial going on. There is a man on trial for something. He's wearing an orange suit and he isn't cuffed. He playfully chases the female judge out of the room. An old woman stands up from a table in the room to help get the guy back in here, and I stop her for a second. I tell her it's funny how older people are more apt to help someone out than younger people. Then everyone leaves except for two women, who begin talking about Detox Tea. I leave the room and the school looks a lot like a hospital. All the people from the trial are in this hospital hallway, so I sneak into this bathroom. As I am walking, I stare at this mirror and notice a face that isn't mine. It's some blond teenager wearing all pink. I check around in the bathroom for her to be sure it wasn't just my imagination. She comes out of a stall and out of the bathroom and into the hallway. I follow her and see she is setting bright orange clothes into a laundry basket.

Then I'm at my Aunt and Uncle's, and it's set up like a school as well. At this point, I'm thinking that the school I'm at is a faraway place. Nowhere near home. I'm watching a television monitor on the wall and the weather channel is on. A bad storm is coming. The TV keeps showing Wisconsin and New York. I grab a phone from the wall and call my sister. She has a strong Wisconsin dialect. (Think Fargo.) Eventually I get off the phone and hear a classmate freaking out about the storm that's coming. She tells me she's having troubles screaming. Then we talk about how hard it is to scream when you are dreaming, and I tell the girl that I've only ever been able to fully scream (not whisper a scream) about three or four times.

No comments:

Post a Comment