Song Of The However Long I Feel Like..

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Anybody Home?

Dreamt I was in my parents' old house. It was set up differently, though. The kitchen was smaller and inside one of the bedrooms now. I was walking around in the house and nobody was home. I called and called if anyone was there, but nobody answered. Eventually I walked out of the house through the front door and suddenly I turn around and the house has a light on inside. Then I see movement. I open the door and I notice my dad and his brothers inside eating at the dining room table. It felt weird that nobody was there a second ago, but I wasn't thinking I was dreaming or anything. I left the house and walked around towards the driveway. Then my ex-boyfriend Caleb came up to me and told me that my dad was looking for my sister Sarah so she could see the house all refinished. I poked my head around by the backyard near where the steps are to go down to the pond and I saw Sarah sitting on the porch with her back facing me. She was eating food off a paper plate. I told Caleb where she was and he left. Then I noticed my dog in the bathroom window, so I reached up to grab him and started walking towards an old brown car. There was a woman my age in the passenger's side. It was wintertime now and we were about to leave someone's house, but two other women started knocking on the passenger side's window and asked to get dropped off somewhere. I didn't want to because it was out of the way and I just wanted to go home, but eventually I let them in the car. Then I somehow am sitting in the backseat with the woman I was with and the other two women are in front. The one driving hits it in reverse and guns it, and we start swerving into the road (icy roads, remember) and we hit this beige pole that was on the side of the road, and then we rolled over a few times into the ditch. Of course only in my dreams was there an ambulance driving behind us. The EMTs get out and one of them looks like Lucy Liu. She asks me if I'm alright and I start yelling profanities at the woman that was driving, saying something like, "No thanks to this idiot. This blonde."

No comments:

Post a Comment