Song Of The However Long I Feel Like..

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dresses and Band-Tees.

I'm in this big shopping mall (although at times we stop at these big tables with food and ribbon laid about) and I'm with my friend and we are shopping for bridesmaid dresses. (I was in her wedding a few years ago with my sister and one of her friends, so they were also in the dream). We all had on these long, fancy, stiff brown dresses with burgundy sashes around our waists (except me, I had a white sash around my dress). The other girl that was a bridesmaid was not happy that I was wearing a white sash, because it sounded more special or something.

Then I dreamt that I was waiting in this long line to shuffle out of a concert (although the setting looked more like a sports arena with bleachers we were walking off of). I was with Devin and some random non-existant cousin of his. The cousin is wearing a Drive-By Truckers shirt and I mention it to Devin and he tells his cousin that I have a really large Drive-By Truckers shirt at home that we got once. (I don't really.) Apparently it was the last shirt they had or something. Then the cousin told us that you can always go back to where the concert was later on and see if they have the shirt in stock, because that happened to him once. (lol, I wish that really happened. I have a HUGE Kaki King sweater I'd like to be a bit smaller..) The line started to move and I decided to take a faster route and jumped down the top part of the bleachers and walked down a hallway and met up with Devin and his cousin again. Then the lines were turning into ten or so smaller lines, so we got in the closest line and saw more of Devin's (this time existent) family in line, so we chatted with them for a bit. I was talking to this little red-headed girl no older than four (she was being carried by her mom or dad) and I overheard my friend and her sister talking to Devin's mom. Her sister said something like, "Yeah, they're almost to their six-year anniversary now, I think." At first I thought they were talking about Devin and I. I tried to ignore it and pretend like I couldn't hear them, I didn't want to hear how long Devin and I have been together for some reason. Eventually I found out that they were talking about how old the little red-headed girl was.

No comments:

Post a Comment