Song Of The However Long I Feel Like..

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Torture Show

Dreamt I was getting ready to go to this restaurant that had a very strange entertainment experience for the customers. My mom and sister were coming with me, and my sister was explaining to me what the restaurant does. While I was putting makeup on in the bathroom, she explained that while we eat, the waiters would have this competitive game of torture. We would have to endure as much as possible to gain some sort of reward every time we achieved one of the tortures. The example my sister gave me was that they might hit our hands with hammers and if we'd consent to it, we'd continue on to the next round. I walked out of the bathroom and into the dining room and there were a bunch of people. Not just in the dining room but in the living room and kitchen as well. My dad came home and, although he was still supposedly dating his girlfriend of now, he was still really civil towards my mom. I guess his girlfriend worked at a soda factory in my dream, because he brought home a few cases. I started telling everyone in the house about where we were going, and explained the rules and used the hammer-example my sister used, and they thought it was a dumb idea. (Duh.) The restaurant was in La Crosse, WI, and I remember telling everyone that it'd be broadcast on TV, so they should watch for us. I went outside to get into the van and realized I forgot music, so I went back inside to grab a Tegan & Sara CD, but an asian dude I don't really know in real life stopped me in the living room and asked me what channel we'd be on. He was flipping through channels on my real-life childhood clunky console television set we had. I told him I wasn't sure about which channel we would be on, but that I'd call him when I got to the van and asked mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment