Song Of The However Long I Feel Like..

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Ocean.

Dreamt I was in California. I am on this interstate on-ramp and I'm getting off of it (on foot) and running down this hill to the interstate itself. There are people running to the interstate with me. It's a frenzy just to get to the there. Apparently the ocean is rising tremendously because of melted polar ice caps. When I reach the interstate, I get to this red car that at first drives off without me, but it turns back to pick me up. Once I get to the car I notice the driver is a man and a woman is in the backseat. We drive for awhile but at some point they turn into two women. One was driving (this one kind of looked like Sara Quin's ex-girlfriend Emy) and the other girl was kind of on top of me, facing me. I'm heavily making out with this girl. She's super hot and she even has the Tegan & Sara "mullet" of '07-'08. We cuddle for warmth and we were scared shitless that the water would reach us and we'd drown. I put my hand down the woman's pants and accidentally scratch her. She winces and I apologize a lot and tell her "I'm sorry, I was trying to pet.." and she smiles at this and I finish my sentence with, "..my pet." We kept making out and this Emy driver kind of kept driving/watching us. Unfortunately, the two women turn into the couple from before and all the carefree feelings I had with the lesbian couple went to worrisomeness when I remembered that the ocean is rising. We're driving from California to the middle states as fast as we can. I watch as we pass cars in super speed. The road is even blurry with how fast we are driving. I think in my head that if the water reaches us, I have to wake myself up. While I put my safety belt on, I joke to the driver that it would suck if this interstate went north and not east. He laughs and then makes this seriously horrified look on his face. The only word he could pipe out of his mouth was, "Shit." I look out the window and I notice this ten-feet high water flowing from this field that was down this hill we were driving past. The water was close. I open my door and watch as the water gets nearer. When I look back at him the water is already underneath us. First I think I need to jump out of the car at a certain time like the characters in Titanic did. The driver stays in the car, motionless. Wide-eyed. I stay with him. I reach over towards him and I kiss his forehead and say, "Sorry.. I have to go." I start blinking my eyes and eventually wake up.






No comments:

Post a Comment