Song Of The However Long I Feel Like..

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Chicken Pox.

Dreamt I was camping. My mom is there along with the musician Tegan Quin. We all hear sirens off in the distance and think my dad got into a car accident or something. Mom thinks Dad started drinking again. Then a cop comes to the camper (we're inside the camper this whole time) and tells us that it's my brother Joran that got into the accident. We all start crying and I grab my phone out to call my sister, Sarah. I keep having to re-type in the numbers because I can't seem to get the whole number right. I keep hitting the wrong button towards the end. Finally it starts ringing and instead of getting my sister I get my brother's voicemail. After I tell everyone what the phone did (I know I called my sister's phone, but it magically called Joran's instead) Tegan says, "The technology of today is amazing for knowing to call Joran instead of Sarah.".....

Slight distraction. Everyone disappears and I have this red wig on. I look like Daphne from Scooby Doo. I'm still in the camper, and I look in a mirror and notice these red dots and circles all over my face. Soon enough, there are nurses at my side (dressed in starched white, almost what you'd wear for Tae Kwon Do classes except for the belts) and they grab me by the wrists and tell me I have chicken pox. I get wheeled through this strange astral plane that is blended from the campground and a hospital hallway. I'm weary, tired, so I tell them I need to see Tegan. I hear in this overhead speaker through the hospital hallway a nurse calling her name. Tegan is a doctor in my dream, I guess. This part is strange, because I'm still in this hospital bed the nurses are pushing, and yet I can see Tegan working on some patient in surgery far off in this other astral plane. I'm in this bright, white realm; She's in this orange-lit room. Also, at this point I was passing a lake (and yet still in the hospital) and she was on this island (and yet working on the patient). Finally I get to a room and they give me a gown to put on.

..... I'm back at the campground, outside, and this time my mom and dad are only there. We also have our dog Skippy that I had when I was little (deceased now), and my sister's dog (Romeo) and my dog (Bear) with us. I watch as these little people get into a boat from the dock and drive off. I tell my dad about what happened to Joran, and he says, "Nooo.. Jo Jordan is sick!" I look confused for a second because my dad looks sure of himself. Then I tell him that I heard the cop say the name Joran, not Jo Jordan. My dad finally gets worried and we decide to pack up and drive to where Joran is so we can visit him. We get everything in a van and are about to leave when the dogs run off. I try to run after them, but I can't see them anywhere. I know they are trying to follow where the little people went, though, so I look in the lake and see them swimming in that direction. Mom, Dad and I all try to catch them because I'm worried Bear will get hit by a car.





** Chicken Pox: I know I dreamt about this because of one of the latest Tegan & Sara blogs that Sara wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment