Song Of The However Long I Feel Like..

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Northshore and Tomatoes, Tomatoes.

Dreamt I was listening to Tegan and Sara's 'Sainthood' record, and was playing Northshore. The song sounded fuzzy and wrong, and realized a few seconds later that one of the speakers wasn't completely in. I fix it and begin playing it again. Then my aunt comes in and complains her shoulder hurts, I ask if she got it from work, and she says it's from putting sheets and blankets in her guest bedrooms at her house. Then I went to this family reunion of my dad's and my mom was strangely there (my mom and dad are divorced). My aunt Cindi assumed I was getting married and asked me if the last name "R______ - Oppelt" sounded nice. (I didn't get the 'R__' last name, she said it too fast for me to comprehend..) I said. "I prefer just Oppelt", which in my weird way of responding meant "I am not getting married." My mom looked at us awkwardly and she said "Like they say, tomatoes, tomatoes.. (lol, this is hard to write this out but read that with one of the tomatoes with a hard 'a', the other a soft 'a'" My aunt didn't get my mom's weird banter, and my aunt said something kind of similar to that, and my mom said "That's pretty much what I meant. We just say it differently from where I come from."






No comments:

Post a Comment