Song Of The However Long I Feel Like..

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The End Of The World.

What I ate/drank the night before: DiGiorno's Pepperoni Pizza and Constant Comment Decaf Tea. Plus a handful of Quakes Rice Snacks in Ranch flavor and a glass of water.



Dreamt I was making out with a black woman. She was a vampire, too. Then the vampire disappears and I am walking down a street with my grandma Milly. We spot my aunt Donna and uncle Larry walking into a dance hall, so we follow. I look around and see that everyone is eating at a billion different tables. There isn't much room, so I walk over to a table with a few empty seats and I sit down. A few seconds later someone tells me that the seats are taken, so I and this little girl that followed me to the table walk around the dance hall to find a different place to eat. We get to the very back of the room and I sit down at this table that this fatter boy and Rhianna is sitting at. The boy asks me a question and I can't quite understand him, so I answer honestly and he laughs rudely (along with Rhianna) and tells me he was being sarcastic. I look over at the little girl (she's about three or four) and roll my eyes. We're stuck sitting with a bunch of assholes. I find out from Rhianna that the dance takes place to find your soulmate. She points to a mirror on the floor and tells me that she sees my soulmate in the reflection and that she'll email the soulmate so that we can find each other. I look at my phone and see an email coming in and it shows a picture of Rhianna and below it (this is supposed to be me for some reason) is a picture of Betty White. (I might have to explain this.. My friend and I are constantly calling ourselves Rose and Blanche off Golden Girls, because we're goofy and we act like them a lot (me being a bit of an idiot and she being a bit of a slut, ha, so I guess my subconscious picked up on that..)). Rhianna and the fat boy end up leaving and I spot an old friend, Kayla, walking over to me so I stop to talk to her for a bit. She tells me that her dad is trying to start a business but that he's placing it in the wrong area. (Apparently he's starting this resort/bistro/cell phone fixing company inside of a hospital). I tell her that I remember seeing him walking around town with blueprints the other day. Then Kayla leaves and I look up at the sky (the ceiling is opened in parts to bring in a breeze). I smile at how pretty the sun looks. It's making the sky a bright blue color. There are dark clouds that the sun is beating through, and it casts an eerie yet gorgeous glow. Suddenly the clouds get thicker, though, gathering into darker and darker colors. Almost black. I hear a loud booming sound --not a crackling like thunder, more like a huge explosion-- Everyone starts screaming. The clouds have a faint red glow like fire making its way through. The song "Who's Gonna Drive You Home?" by The Cars comes on in the dancehall and I get a text message from an old black lady that only says "last song". I cry, thinking the sun exploded and that the world will end. That I won't know who my soulmate is. That I won't be able to breathe or think ever again. I won't be remembered. The little girl that was with me is crouched down by the wall behind me, so I grab her and put my arms around her and have her situated so that she is slightly under the table for shelter. I know we're going to die in a few seconds but I want her to feel safe anyways. I look back up at the sky and the clouds have turned a bright red. I look back down at the little girl and hold her tighter. I feel piercing hot liquid hit my back that feels like drops of lava. I start thinking that we're about to burn up, but then a really cold breeze hits my back and I can feel frost sticking to me. I don't know what's happening, but its very painful. I start shaking myself awake because I can't take the pain anymore. Within a few seconds I wake up to myself swaying my hips from side to side.



Wow, I had to look up the lyrics to this song. It's crazy how this song could actually make sense in this dream..

No comments:

Post a Comment