Song Of The However Long I Feel Like..

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Waiting For Something.

Dreamt I was in my parents' old kitchen and I was playing a game of darts with Tegan & Sara's guitarist Ted Gowans. After that, he left and I took a shower and some guy that was also there when I was shooting darts was peeking in at me from the kitchen, which for some weird reason I really didn't mind at all. Some time after this, I appeared on this huge platform that kept circling around on this lake. I was with a billion different people, and we seemed to be waiting for something to happen. It was dark out, but I believe it was daytime because at one point the sky itself was a bright light blue with these dark clouds dispersing. The lake itself was still dark along with the atmosphere, but only above us, high up into the heavens, was it bright. It felt eerie. At that point I thought we were all going to die. Like a meteorite was headed for us or something. Also, since the platform we were all on was circling around in the water, I thought that the lake was starting to make an eddy. Then I dreamt I was back in high school, only it felt more like elementary school or something. I was with a bunch of adults my age at these desks. Everyone had to do this math problem that was on this flash card and at first I was rockin' it, thinking I knew exactly what I needed to do, but then I forgot the initial problem and some woman beside me had the flash card and was studying it for the longest time. I didn't want to lean in and look and have the teacher yell at me thinking I was cheating, but I knew I'd get the answer wrong if I didn't know the problem. Then I couldn't see my paper, so I used my phone as a light but my aunt Donna (she must have been the teacher or something) turned a bright light on in the room and yelled at me for using my phone. Then I went to a secondhand store and my aunt Erin and I started looking at these packages of shorts and boxing gloves you could get in a set. One had the band The Kinks on it. I was contemplating on that one for some reason, but then I saw these adorable blue shoes with yellow anchors all over them. They were ballet flats.

No comments:

Post a Comment