Song Of The However Long I Feel Like..

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

8/8/10 - The Stairs Were Bright Teal.

Dreamt I'm trying to drive this small boat. I'm in this river and there is another small boat with men riding around near me. I don't know how to control the boat or steer for some reason, and I tell them this, and they laugh at me and then yell at me that I'm stupid and I should know how to operate a boat. I have my dog in the boat with me. A storm comes in fast and it gets windy, and eventually the wind uproots a tree.. This is where my mind confuses my sanity. Instead of the tree falling into the river and hitting the boat, the boat is magically in the tree, and when the tree falls down, it digs the boat into the ground. I fall about thirty feet from the tree, but my dog is still in the boat under the tree. I start bawling and I rush over, trying to pull branches out of the way to save my dog. He hobbles out (he's a papillon/chihuahua mix, so he's a little guy) and I pick him up, now crying of joy. I notice his elbows are jutting out in a scary position, as if he has an extra bone connected to the humerus bone or something. Needless to say, it grossed me out, though I held onto my dog tightly after that. These guys (one of them looks an awful lot like Christian Bale) and I walk away from the side of the river and try to find a place to get out of the impending storm. We find this white house, the paint chipping off, and walk up the porch. We get to a screen door and knock, and a couple comes to the door. The guy looks like Jon Favreau of Couples Retreat (and he was a dick in my dream, too) and his wife looked like Minnie Driver. We asked them if we could come in from the rain, and I explained about my dog. Minnie Driver opened the door all the way and let us in in a welcoming manner, while her husband folded his arms and looked suspicious at us. When we walk in, I immediately notice that there are a LOT of bright teal steps going up, the walls were pure, bright white. I walked in first and the men followed behind me. When we get up the stairs, it seems were in the basement. The basement has wood flooring and the walls are dark brick. There are pipes hanging on the ceiling, posts helping to hold the house up. I didn't seem to notice the strangeness in going upstairs to the basement at that time, it seemed normal to me. This Jon Favreau guy was a bit calmer and he pointed out rooms as we passed. We were walking down a straight path, and eventually reached the end, where he turned to the left to show us a kitchen. This was a huge house, and I seemed to think that the basement was a full house itself, and that they had their own house upstairs, even though we came from downstairs. The husband opens the fridge to show us there was food in there and a cat jumps out. We notice there is a tray of sliced cucumbers on the top shelf. I set Moses (my dog) down on the floor as the husband leaves the room so that we can get comfortable in the new place. He seems to be telling us that we can stay there however long we would like to. Christian Bale and the other two guys seem reluctant to stay. I set my bag down on a chair at the table and tell them that I want to stay. I tell them that I don't want to run around trying to find our world/home anymore. (I don't understand this part really, maybe I was dreaming we were "Sliders", which is a TV show I was really into a year ago where this group is going through parallel Earths and trying to find the one they originated from). I tell the guys that we could get jobs, buy homes, live here. I say this while looking at the Christian Bale character. I'm looking at him, because I like him. I want to grow old with him.






Boat
  • To dream that you are in or see a boat, signifies your ability to cope with and express your emotions. Pay particular attention to the condition and state of the waters, whether it is calm or violent, clear or murky, etc. Are you "smooth sailing"? Alternatively, you may be ready to confront your unconscious and unknown aspects of yourself. The dream could be telling you not to rock the boat and to stay out of harm's way.


Tree
  • To see a falling tree in your dream, means that you are feeling off balance and out of sync. Perhaps, you are off track and headed in the wrong direction.


Bones
  • To see bones in your dream, represent the discovery of your personal, family, or cultural secrets. It is also symbolic of your underlying strengths that you have not yet recognized. Consider the symbolism of getting to the "bare bones" or the significance of "having a bone to pick with someone."



Stairs
  • To dream that you are walking up a flight of stairs, indicate that you are achieving a higher level of understanding. You are making progress into your spiritual, emotional or material journey. The dream is also analogous to material and thoughts that are coming to the surface.
    • Teal
      • The color teal signifies trustworthiness, devotion and healing. It is also indicative of spiritual guidance and teacher.


Basement
  • To dream that you are in a basement, symbolizes your unconscious mind and intuition. The appearance of the basement is an indication of your unconscious state of mind and level of satisfaction. It represents primal urges, animalistic desires and basic needs.



Refrigerator
  • To see or open a refrigerator in your dream, represents your chilling personality and/or cold emotions. The dream may also be telling you that you need to put some goal, plan, or situation on hold. Alternatively, a refrigerator signifies that you have accomplished what you have been unconsciously seeking.
    • Cat
      • To see a black cat in your dream, indicates that you are experiencing some fear in using your psychic abilities and believing in your intuition. You may erroneously associate the black cat with evil, destruction, and bad luck.
    • Cucumber
      • To see or eat a cucumber in your dream, signifies recuperation and recovery. You need to regain your energy and health. Alternatively, it is symbolic of the phallus and have sexual connotations.


Strange
  • To dream that you are in a strange, unknown or foreign place, represents change in your life. Consider how you feel about the surrounding. If you are afraid or lost, then it indicates that you are not ready for the change. You are not ready to leave the past behind. If you are excited or happy in this unknown place, then it suggests that you are ready for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment