Song Of The However Long I Feel Like..

Thursday, August 12, 2010

2/27/10 - I Talked To Walt.

Could have sworn I wrote this day down, but I can't seem to find the evidence for that, so I'm going to have to find an old entry for today. Found this on the message board I go onto, in a Dream thread:



Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:06 PM


I'm barely awake right now, but i want to remember:


Everything is black and white in this part. Bright. I'm in this huge apartment in a big city, with wooden floors. I grab a Tegan & Sara CD and blast Back In Your Head and start dancing all giddily for some reason. The weather outside the big window of the room I was in (which looks like a living room/dining room/kitchen, if i remember right) is heavily-clouded and down-pouring.. I'm wishing I had a camera with how beautiful it looked outside, and for some reason I wanted to take the picture doing a Grand Jeté in front of the window (I had to google this, but it's the jump, doing a front split, in midair.). I did the Grand Jeté anyways, a few times. I guess it was dark-lit at the time and I thought it'd make a beautiful picture against the bright, paris-esque rainy weather outside. I felt a little lonely, though, so although I was giddy, I did want company.


Dreaming in color now: Now, I'm in my house, and there are boxes about the place on the floor. I call my mom and tell her that since she's coming over, if maybe she could help pack a few things in her car to be dropped at this house my boyfriend and I are moving into. Then I'm in this different house, in the town my parents live in. For some reason, I think that I've lived a long time in one of the other houses my boyfriend and I looked at that we were thinking of buying at the time (in real life), and that we only lived in our current (real) home for a short while... Anyways, I remember my boyfriend's family are looking at the new house, and I'm standing at the window waiting for my parents to come visit and see the new place. I remember the outside of the house we bought was bright, but darker, red. If that makes sense. Think of a cabin-red exterior.. Anyways, my mom gets there with my aunt, and I begin to worry about my dad. It's weird, too. For two reasons. One: I know kind of where we were located in town, in real life, because I remember thinking about how we were close to the Veteran's Administration Hospital. And two: It felt eerie, like I was copying real life with this next part. I was watching for my dad's car to pull up and I kept hearing sirens for an ambulance go off, and I was worried he might have had an accident (because I did this in real life a lot when I was little, stare out the window waiting for my dad to come home, worried he was in a car accident). Finally he pulled up in this blue geo metro, which is the car he had driven when I was little. He pulled into the garage. Then I turned back to the house and it changed a bit in structure. I was in this room, and I saw my boyfriend and his father head down a hall and out the front door straight ahead. I could see my boyfriend's mom and her family at a table, down the hall and a little out of sight behind the wall. She's telling everyone that my boyfriend and his dad always does this, leaving to do something in the garage before dinner, so we may as well eat without them. The room I was in had two tables. One had my grandpa, and he set his plate down and then sat down slowly to eat. I looked over at the other table and my great-uncle Walt, whom died in real life when I was seventeen, was sitting next to a woman, talking. I kind of choked up a bit, because I knew he died. He said something to the woman, and even though I knew he was talking to her, I asked him what he said and sat down next to him. If you have ever seen the movie Drop Dead Fred, you'll know the exact reaction I had when I asked him to repeat what he said. The last scene, when Phoebe Cates asks the little girl what name she spoke, and then told the girl she believed her, that is exactly the same reaction I gave. This woman he was talking to looked over at me, smiling all knowingly and not caring that I interrupted her conversation with him. He said something completely different to me than what he said before, and this time it was something directed towards me.. I don't remember what it was, but it was about the food I think. Maybe he asked me if I liked the food or something. Anyways, I started to tear up a bit, and I told him I really missed him and that I hadn't seen him in forever. I gave him a great big hug, and he hugged me back. Then he started to half-disappear, and I started to half-wake (not really waking in real life). I remember the hug lasted longer then when he disappeared, I was left waking up in this car, dry-heaving and tearing up again, hugging at my chest like I didn't even want to let go of the air. I looked around and realized I was parked in this parking lot, in the passenger seat, in this bigger city half an hour from of my own town. I also remember there were these little Gary Oldman pictures in the dashboard. Don't ask me why those were there.




Black And White

  • To dream in black and white, suggests that you need to be more objective in formulating your decisions. You may be a little too unyielding in your thought process and thus need to find some sort of balance between two opposing views. Consider the views and opinions of others. Alternatively, black and white dreams is a sign of depression or sadness. You may feel that there is not enough excitement in your life.
    • Ballet
      • To see or wear ballet slippers in your dream, represents your understanding of the principles of balance and grace. You carry yourself with much poise and get along well with others.



Moving
  • To dream that you are moving away, signifies your desire or need for change. It may also mean an end to a situation or relationship; you are moving on. Alternatively, it indicates your determination and issues regarding dependence/independence.



Nervous
  • To dream that you are nervous about something, indicates that you are experiencing self-doubt and feelings of insecurity.
    • Father
      • To see your father in your dream, symbolizes authority and protection. It suggests that you need to be more self-reliant. Consider also your waking relationship with your father and how aspects of his character may be incorporated within yourself.


Bereavement
  • To dream that you are in bereavement, suggests that you are repressing your grief. Perhaps something is bothering you more than you realize. You need to express your sadness and not keep it inside. For those that are experiencing bereavement in real life, such dreams are a way of coping with what has happened.



Dead
  • To see the dead in your dream, forewarns that you are being influenced by negative people and are hanging around the wrong crowd. This dream may also be a way for you to resolve your feelings with those who have passed on. Alternatively, the dream symbolizes material loss. If you dream of a person who has died a long time ago, then it suggests that a current situation or relationship in your life resembles the quality of that deceased person. The dream may depict how you need to let this situation or relationship die and end it.
    • Hugging
      • To dream that you are hugging someone, symbolizes your loving and caring nature. You are holding someone or something close to your heart. Alternatively, it may indicate your need to be more affectionate.
    • Disappear
      • To dream that people or objects are disappearing right before your eyes, signify your anxieties and insecurities over the notion that loved ones might disappear out of your life. You feel that you cannot depend on anyone and that you will end up alone. You need to work on your self-image and self-esteem.

No comments:

Post a Comment